Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Wedding Singer

Day 24 - 1/24/09 - Movie #24

BEFORE: It's Saturday, and I have to go into the office. It looked like I wouldn't have time for a movie, but then Shell reminded me I could take movies to watch at the office! VHS, anyway, since the office DVD player broke down. So I picked 2 movies on tape - will try to watch them both, since I've got the New York Comic-Con coming up...

THE PLOT: Robbie, the wedding singer and Julia, the waitress, are both engaged to be married but to the wrong people. Fortune intervenes to help them discover each other.

AFTER: Well, there were a few too many romantic confusions/complications, and the inevitable pairing of the 2 leads was blatant, but it was still an entertaining poke at the 1980's. And the film took advantage of Sandler's singing "ability" on the 80's songs.

RATING: 6 out of 10 wedding cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment