Thursday, March 19, 2009

Surf's Up

Day 6 - 1/6/09 - Movie #6

BEFORE: I'm tight for time tonight - played Team Trivia, and I haven't moved my comic-book night yet. So a relatively short animated film will have to do, if I'm going to get any sleep. I did watch "Happy Feet" last year, without following up with this "other" animated penguin film.

THE PLOT: Into the world of the Emperor Penguins, who find their soul mates through song, a penguin is born who cannot sing. But he can tap dance something fierce!

AFTER: 10 minutes in, I picked out the voices of James Woods, Brian Poseman, and Diedrich Bader - cool! (I have a knack for that...) For a "copycat" movie about penguins, that was very good. The characterizations and message about humility and friendship was inspiring. The voice work of Jeff "The Dude" Bridges really made it special. Now bedtime.

RATING: 8 out of 10 longboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment