Thursday, March 19, 2009

Open Season

Day 23 - 1/23/09 - Movie #23

BEFORE: I put this on a DVD with "Over the Hedge", so I'll get this one out of the way so I can re-file the disc. But I fell asleep about half-way through, so I had to finish it later in the evening.

THE PLOT: Boog, a domesticated bear and Elliot, a fast-talking mule deer, form an unlikely friendship and must rally other forest animals if they are to form a rag-tag army against the hunters.

AFTER: Though the voices were very well-cast, Ashton Kutcher, Martin Lawrence and especially Gary Sinise, there's not much to the story. Obviously not enough to keep me awake, at least. And it's still more of that "clumsy animals fall down" animation - do kids enjoy this stuff? It all seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

RATING: 5 out of 10 antlers

No comments:

Post a Comment