Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Day 30 - 1/30/09 - Movie #31

BEFORE: I'm feeling a little better, I slept most of the day, so it's easier to stay up late and watch a movie. Since I'm in the Wes Anderson groove already - this is another great example of a film I've been TRYING to watch for years. And isn't Bill Murray always great?

THE PLOT: With a plan to exact revenge on a mythical shark that killed his partner, an oceanographer rallies a crew that includes his estranged wife, a journalist, and a man who may or may not be his son.

AFTER: Well, Bill Murray was good, and I get the premise - What if Jacques Cousteau were a big jerk? - but I just DIDN'T GET this movie. Not quite a comedy, not quite a drama or action film, like a lot of elements were thrown in a blender. Didn't add up to a coherent whole for me.

RATING: 4 out of 10 jellyfish

1 comment:

  1. While I understand your point about the plot elements being a little incoherent, give it another try someday. It gets better and better. Excellent blog. I enjoy your reviews.

    ReplyDelete