Thursday, March 19, 2009

Be Kind Rewind

Day 21 - 1/21/09 - Movie #21

BEFORE: Dubbing this movie to DVD, so I figured I'd watch it at the same time. Seems relatively short, and I heard it was funny.

THE PLOT: A man whose brain becomes magnetized unintentionally destroys every tape in his friend's video store. In order to satisfy the store's most loyal renters, the two men set out to remake the lost films.

AFTER: Wow, what a disappointment. Jack Black just acted like an ass the whole time, and I just HATE Mos Def. He's got zero acting presence, and his diction is horrible, I could barely understand him. How does he keep getting work? I also didn't like the portrayal of the city people, who for some reason liked the low-rent knock-off versions of the films better. Were they too stupid to recognize bad acting and cheap effects? The only part I liked was when they rallied at the end to save the video-store.

RATING: 2 out of 10 erased tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment