Thursday, March 19, 2009

Edward Scissorhands

Day 31 - 1/31/09 - Movie #32

BEFORE: Since I was out sick this week, I went in to the office again on Saturday, and brought another film on the popular VHS format. Probably the only Tim Burton film I haven't seen yet - another one I probably should have watched years ago, considering its reputation.

THE PLOT: An uncommonly gentle young man, who happens to have scissors for hands, falls in love with a beautiful teenage girl.

AFTER: I didn't get this film either. It seemed to be based on one sketchy premise, and was ultimately pointless. How about explaining WHY he had scissors for hands? Why did anything happen the way it did in this film? Plus the stereotypes about suburbia were dumb, degrading, and also pointless.

RATING: 2 out of 10 topiaries

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me, John, but you don't go around dissing Johnny Depp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a problem with Mr. Depp - in fact I didn't knock his performance at all - I had a problem with the WHY of the movie itself.

    Depp was probably the only half-decent person or thing related to this movie.

    ReplyDelete