Thursday, March 19, 2009

Heist

Day 16 - 1/16/09 - Movie #16

BEFORE: It's funny, sometimes you put a movie on tape or DVD just to fill up space - and it turns out to be a great film. I put this on a disc after "Ocean's Thirteen" and it looks like a winner - a heist movie with Gene Hackman and Sam Rockwell - and also Ricky Jay and Rebecca Pigeon, which means David Mamet probably wrote it. Good signs.

THE PLOT: A jewel thief's nephew is sent along on a heist to ensure a longtime partner in crime stays honest about the division of the loot.

AFTER: Really, really smart flick. Maybe TOO smart. I love a good double-cross movie, but this has triple- and even quadruple-crosses. A little hard to keep track of it all. Reminds me of other Mamet movies I like such as "House of Games" - but with Sam Rockwell, one of my fave actors.

RATING: 7 out of 10 gold bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment