Monday, March 23, 2009

The Wild

Day 36 - 2/5/09 - Movie #37

We're setting up our booth at the New York Comic-Con tomorrow - so I have to get up early and rent a van at the U-Haul. So I only have time for a short movie or else I may oversleep. Time for Disney's rip-off of "Madagascar" - actually I recall they came out around the same time, so I don't know who ripped off who. But you have to admit Disney + Dreamworks do tend to put out similar films...

THE PLOT: An adolescent lion is accidentally shipped from the New York Zoo to Africa. His zoo pals must put aside their differences to help bring him back.

AFTER: Not too bad. A little heavy on the slapstick, a lot of animals falling down and bumping into things. But that's a common problem with animated films these days - the executives think that's what kids want to see. Good voice work by Keifer Sutherland, Jim Belushi, and of course, Eddie Izzard. Didn't recognize Janeane Garofalo though...I must be slipping.

RATING: 5 out of 10 stuffed koalas

No comments:

Post a Comment