Monday, March 23, 2009

Robots

Day 34 - 2/3/09 - Movie #35

BEFORE: It's late on Monday (early on Tuesday) and my trivia team came in 2nd place tonight - which meant I got home late, and there's work tomorrow, so I'm back to choosing short(er) animated films.

THE PLOT: In a robot world, a young inventor travels to the big city to join his idol's company, only to find himself opposing its sinister new management.

AFTER: This was just technically astounding - the computer animation really impressed me, which is rare. The voice cast was stellar, though I could have done without Robin Williams, basically acting like the manic Genie from "Aladdin" again. But Ewan MacGregor, Mel Brooks, Drew Carey and Greg Kinnear were all great. I didn't recognize Hally Berry, Stanley Tucci, Dianne Wiest and a bunch of cameos, which suggests to me that maybe their voices weren't all that distinctive. But all-around it was a good thrill-ride, if a tiny bit confusing and over the top.

RATING: 8 out of 10 wrenches

No comments:

Post a Comment