Thursday, March 26, 2009

Les Triplettes de Belleville

Day 56 - 2/25/09 - Movie #54

BEFORE: Another movie I SHOULD have watched years ago - not only because I work for animators, but due to its reputation as a well-made animated film. But I guess I've been putting it off. American Idol was 2 hours again tonight, so I need something sort of short.

THE PLOT: When her grandson is kidnapped during the Tour de France, Madame Souza teams up with the Belleville Sisters--an aged song-and-dance team--to rescue him.

AFTER: It's certainly gorgeous, very artistic. I'm not sure that the story made a lot of sense - does the French mafia really kidnap pro bike racers to provide underground entertainment? It's too bad that the story didn't match the art - it's all style and not much substance, so it's hard for me to see why this film got so much hype. The music powered the film, but was also just too...French for me.

RATING: 4 out of 10 frogs

No comments:

Post a Comment