Thursday, March 26, 2009

Johnny English

Day 58 - 2/27/09 - Movie #56

BEFORE: I'm almost at the end of Month 2, but I'm still 2 movies behind schedule. It's Friday night, and I have to start my weekend work - but this seems like a quick film. Hey, back-to-back Rowan Atkinson!

THE PLOT: During this spoof spy thriller, we follow our hero as he attempts to single-handedly save the country from falling into the hands of a despot.

AFTER: Hey, Mr. Bean can talk after all! I found this to be pretty entertaining, combining Mr. Bean's ability to foul things up with a spoof of Bond films. I know the Bond films have been parodied many times before, but come on, the genre's a pretty easy target. John Malkovich was great as the villain here - but it was a little schizophrenic, since Johnny English is being portrayed as incompetent, but ultimately he still has to save the day. And who knew that Natalie Imbruglia could act? I sure didn't.

RATING: 7 out of 10 crown jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment