Monday, March 23, 2009

The Iron Giant

Day 35 - 2/4/09 - Movie #36

BEFORE: I've literally been trying to watch this movie for a decade, and something's always gotten in the way. They ran it on premium cable about 2 years ago, but my cable was acting up, and I got a bad copy, lots of static and pixellation. Now I'm finally gonna watch it...

THE PLOT: A boy makes friends with an innocent alien giant robot that a paranoid government agent wants to destroy.

AFTER: Well, I liked "Robots" better - but this was OK. Maybe a little too sentimental. But the voice work, by Harry Connick Jr., Chris MacDonald, and even Vin Diesel (!) was great. I know it was critically acclaimed, and maybe I had high expectations after waiting so long to see it, but it's a little hard for me to understand what all the fuss was about.

RATING: 6 out of 10 missiles

No comments:

Post a Comment