Monday, March 23, 2009

French Kiss

Day 41 - 2/10/09 - Movie #40

BEFORE: Valentine's Week continues - still 1 movie behind, but maybe I can catch up on the weekend.

THE PLOT: A woman flies to France to confront her straying fiancé, but gets into trouble when the charming crook seated next to her uses her for smuggling.

AFTER: I was prepared to not like this movie - it's the last movie Meg Ryan tried to play "cute" in, I think. I couldn't stand how wishy-washy her character was - her fiance's with another woman, and her reaction is to - faint repeatedly? But Kevin Kline saved it - I've been a fan since "A Fish Called Wanda". His French accent was just slightly better than Steve Martin's Inspector Clouseau, but at least the subplot with the necklace was interesting.

RATING: 7 out of 10 stolen passports

No comments:

Post a Comment