Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Grosse Pointe Blank

Day 68 - 3/9/09 - Movie #66

BEFORE: Still catching up on my TV before my daily movie - watched a "Heroes" episode from LAST Monday, and a "Law & Order" from January, I'm still way behind on "Smallville" and "SVU" too...but I can catch up after sweeps month is over. Let's keep the movies rolling with another film about hitmen!

THE PLOT: Martin Blank is a professional assassin. He is sent on a mission to a small Detroit suburb, Grosse Pointe, and, by coincidence, his ten-year high school reunion party is taking place there at the same time.

AFTER: Now THIS should have been a Coen brothers movie. I mean, "No Country for Old Men" could have been more like this... It was about contract killing, but it was also funny, and the high-school reunion angle was sort of heartwarming, and who doesn't love John Cusack as a neurotic hitman? Minnie Driver = Hot and Alan Arkin = funny, and all the pieces came together for me.

RATING: 7 out of 10 handguns

No comments:

Post a Comment