Thursday, April 2, 2009

Max

Day 75 - 3/16/09 - Movie #72

BEFORE: Now that I've owned up to being 3 days behind, the pressure's off - I can count this as a Monday morning movie, instead of a Sunday night movie, and I feel like I'm starting the day with a movie rather than ending it with one. I know, it's all semantics, but it feels good to stay up late and get my movie out of the way for the next day.

THE PLOT: A film studying the depiction of a friendship between an art dealer named Max Rothman and his student, Adolf Hitler.

AFTER: It's an interesting thought - what if Hitler's art career had taken off - would he not have gone into politics? Could he have been an energetic painter, instead of a firebrand statesman? John Cusack plays a Jewish art dealer that pities Hitler, the sad-sack WWI veteran, and tries to encourage his artistic endeavors. Noah Taylor plays a tortured-artist Hitler, which was probably tough to do. But since we know how history plays out, we know that the fate of his art career is sealed.

RATING: 5 out of 10 teddy bears

No comments:

Post a Comment