Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Johnny Dangerously

Day 62 - 3/3/09 - Movie #60

BEFORE: Continuing in the genre of spoof films - this is one of my wife's favorite movies, she and her brother quote lines from it all the time, but I've never seen it all the way through - I only know the movie from the music video for the Weird Al theme song...

THE PLOT: Set in the 1930's, an honest, goodhearted man is forced to turn to a life of crime to finance his neurotic mother's skyrocketing medical bills.

AFTER: Funnier than "Loaded Weapon", maybe about as funny as "Hot Shots". Who knew that "Airplane" would spawn so many copycat spoof films? I guess the gangster movies of the 1930's and 40's were something of an easy target... The songs sung by Marilu Henner's character were pretty clever too - the double meaning of "I Want to Love...Dangerously"

RATING: 7 out of 10 tommy-guns

No comments:

Post a Comment