Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Jewel of the Nile

Day 60 - 3/1/09 - Movie #58

BEFORE: 1/6 of the way through the year, and starting Month #3 of my movie year. I'm making progress in that I'm watching a lot of movies, but since I'm still recording new ones off the premium channels, the list itself isn't getting any smaller - I'm adding movies as fast as I can watch them...

THE PLOT: The sequel to "Romancing the Stone". Joan accepts an invitation to go to a middle eastern country as a guest of the sheik, but there she is abducted and finds herself involved with the "jewel". Jack decides to rescue her with his new partner Ralph.

AFTER: Well, I think I liked the first movie better, though this sequel did feature the Flying Karamazov Brothers as a tribe of juggling Arabs... The villain's motives weren't very clear, though, and the identity of the "jewel" was revealed too early - plus it was just lacking FUN somehow...

RATING: 5 out of 10 camels

No comments:

Post a Comment