Saturday, August 29, 2009

Escape From Alcatraz

Day 241 - 8/29/09 - Movie #237

BEFORE: I'm counting on Clint Eastwood to finally bust me loose -

THE PLOT: A dramatization of the one possibly successful escape from the notorious prison.

AFTER: Supposedly based on a true story - I recall even the Mythbusters did a segment on whether it's possible to float across the San Francisco Bay using raincoats held together with contact cement...

There's a certain irony in casting Patrick McGoohan as the warden of Alcatraz, since he's most famous for playing the title role on the TV show "The Prisoner"...

Clint Eastwood is like Steve McQueen - a real man's man - so I'm going to focus on Eastwood for the next few days. I already watched "High Plains Drifter", "Space Cowboys" and "Million Dollar Baby" in other chains. This won't be as long as DeNiroFest, since I plan to avoid all films with either Dirty Harry or orangutang co-stars.

RATING: 6 out of 10 bars of soap

No comments:

Post a Comment